AIP offers excellent internship opportunities for Masters’-level and Bachelors’-level social work interns at our school sites. We have openings for both clinical and macro social work students.
The AIP social work intern is directly supervised by an LICSW social worker and is responsible for the following:
- Providing all clinical services including counseling, treatment planning, case management, crisis management and outreach to assigned students
- Maintaining up-to-date clinical records, including biopsychosocials, weekly progress notes, treatment plans, process recordings
- Providing Family Outreach and services to parents/guardians
- Maintaining scheduled teacher consultation on a regular basis
- Attending weekly individual, clinical case conference, and group supervision meetings
- Co-leading homework hour in afterschool programming
- Co-leading prevention and activity time groups
- Attending twice-weekly staff meetings for afterschool program
The program provides extensive academic-year training in working with students with significant risk of school failure and behavioral and social-emotional concerns, including:
- Extensive orientation in Dept. of Early Education and Care regulations; school policy and procedure; AIP policy and procedures.
- Understanding of full-service schools programming.
- Opportunities in clinical case assessment and treatment planning with students and families.
- Training in current procedures regarding cooperative discipline and crisis prevention.
The role of a social work intern can be modified according to individual interests or competencies and the specific needs of our three social work internship programs. Interested social work students should speak with their AIP supervisor about the details of their placement. Clinical internship placements are available at AIP’s Irving School and Frederick School programs. We also have macro or community organizing social work internship positions open at Connecting With Care.
Please contact AIP’s Social Work Intern Supervisor for more information.